Dear COE graduate students,
We cordially invite you to join our SEED IEAS sponsored event. It is scheduled on Saturday April 7, 2018, in Wist 233, from 9:00 am -12:30 pm. More details is below.
Event: How to Navigate Grad School
• To respond to the scholarly concern that some graduate students have difficulty in understanding the culture of graduate school.
• To familiarize graduate students with expectations, social and cultural norms regarding networking, professional development, and career preparation.
• To create an opportunity for graduate students to discuss their concerns with faculty and peers
• First generation college students in graduate school
• First generation graduate students
• Part time graduate students
• International graduate students
• Graduate student who are parents
• And any graduate students who self-identified as being unfamiliar with strategies for navigating graduate school
9:00 Welcome from the OSAS Graduate Information Office
9:20 Mapping out resources and opportunities
10:00 am Student panel
11:00 am Faculty Small Group Discussions
12:00-12:30 pm free communication time
Graduate Information Office