Graduate Assistant, position number GA11, UHM College of Education, (Manoa), temporary, NTE Aug-31-2013, 0.50 FTE, to begin approximately September 15, 2012, continuation dependent on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Duties: Under the direction of the PIs provide support in the design, implementation, and evaluation of pre-service professional development (PD) modules about family engagement in schools. Duties may also include coding videotapes; interviewing teachers, families, and students; transcribing video and interview data; assisting with the preparation and delivery of PD workshops; library research; and manuscript and report preparation.
- Full-time graduate student in good standing (3.0 GPA) in Education or related field.
- Experience in K-12 educational settings.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Dependable, organized, and able to meet established deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Driver’s license and transportation or ability to provide own transportation to research sites in O‘ahu.
- Knowledge and experience regarding family engagement in schools.
- Experience working with K-6 (Elementary) teachers and families.
- Research background, including qualitative research methods.
Pay range: GA11 (.50 % FTE), salary commensurable with educational background and experience.
To apply: Submit letter of application explicitly and concisely outlining how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications listed above, transcripts demonstrating good academic standing, resume, and names/phone/email for three professional references. Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application address: Dr. Lois Yamauchi (Educational Psychology Department), 1776 University Avenue, Wist 213, (808) 956-4385
Inquiries: Dr. Eva Ponte, email@example.com
Date posted: August 8, 2012
Closing date: Continuous recruitment. Review of applications will start in August 18, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled.