This award recognizes excellence in doctoral dissertation research that contributes to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation. Individuals receiving a doctorate in education from January 1, 2011, through June 30, 2012, may apply for this award. The award includes a $1,000 cash prize as well as special recognition at AACTE's 65th Annual Meeting in Orlando, February 28-March 2, 2013.
Past Winners Include: 2011 – Vera Stenhouse for "Mission Possible? An Analysis of the Intended and Implemented Diversity Content of a Teacher," Emory University; Vanessa Siddle Walker, Adviser 2010 - Winifred R. Cohron for "The Effect of Teacher Leader Interactions With Teachers on Student Achievement: A Predictive Study," University of Louisville and Western Kentucky University; Jay Fiene, Adviser 2009 - William C. Reed for "Teachers' Education Factors and Their Influence on Formative Assessment Processes," Old Dominion University; John M. Ritz, Advisor.
Deadlines for All Awards are as follows:
August 15, 2012:
- Outstanding Dissertation Award
October 12, 2012
- Best Practice Award for Professional Ethics and Moral Dispositions in Teacher Education
- Best Practice Award for the Innovative Use of Technology
- Best Practice Award in Support of Global Diversity
- Margaret B. Lindsey Award for Distinguished Research in Teacher Education
- David G. Imig Award for Distinguished Achievement in Teacher Education
- Edward C. Pomeroy Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teacher Education
For more information about each award, please visit http://aacte.org/Awards/Awards/