APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|SEMESTER||GENERAL ADMISSION||INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ADMISSION|
|Summer||February 15||February 15|
After these dates, inquire regarding space availability: http://info.coe.hawaii.edu/cs-advise- me
- Grade Point Average: 3.0
- 3 years of K-12 teaching experience by program start date
- Access to groups of students needed to complete some applied projects'
- Access to a computer (Windows 7 or later; or Macintosh OSX 10.8 or later; or a current Linux); Office productivity suite software (i.e., MS Office, LibreOffice), printer, and an Internet connection
Enrollment is competitive, so minimum requirements do not guarantee acceptance.
STEPS TO APPLY
Applications to College of Education Programs will be submitted through Mākālei
1. Submit to Office of Graduate Education (OGE)
- A new UH Graduate Application.
- Select the “Graduate Studies - Summer” application type.
- On Question #7, choose “Curriculum Studies (Literacy Leader)-Graduate Certificate**” as your Planned Course of Study.
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
- Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
- International Student Financial Form (International Students only)
2. Submit to Curriculum Studies
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submitted electronically (preferred)
- If mailed or faxed must be on Letterhead and signed.
- A statement of objectives
- A copy of your CV (resume)
CONCURRENT WITH MEd:
The Literacy Leader Graduate Certificate may be taken at the same time as the MEd-Curriculum
Studies or MEd-Special Education. If interested in receiving the graduate
certificate and master’s degree, please see program requirements and application procedures for
Applicants desiring the MEd, in addition to the Literacy Leader GCERT, must download and print
a separate application for the MEd. To enroll in the GCERT and MEd, applicants must also
submit a Concurrent Graduate Certificate Program Application Form.