APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Fall||March 1||February 1|
|Spring||September 1||August 1|
After these dates, inquire regarding space availability: http://info.coe.hawaii.edu/cs-advise-me
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (any field) or recognized non-US institution of higher education
- Adequate successful coursework and/or experience related to the concentration area selected
- Student teaching, teaching, or experience designing and/or implementing curriculum in educational settings
- Grade Point Average: 3.0
- Completed applications: UHM Office of Graduate Education + Curriculum Studies Dept.
Enrollment is competitive, so minimum requirements do not guarantee acceptance.
STEPS TO APPLY
Applications to College of Education Programs will be submitted through Mākālei.
If you have a UH Username, please select, "UH username and password". If you do not have a UH Username, please select, "Create an account" and that will lead you to the steps to create a Mākālei account.
Once you are logged into Mākālei and have reached the, "Select a Degree and Program" section, select "Master’s Degree" as the degree you are applying for, and "MEd Curriculum Studies (Online/Hybrid)" as your program.
1. Submit to Office of Graduate Education (OGE)
- A new UH Graduate Application.
- Select the “Graduate Studies” application type.
- On Question #7, choose the “Curriculum Studies-MEd” program as your Planned Course of Study.
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
- Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
- International Student Financial Form (International Students only)
2. Submit to Curriculum Studies
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submitted electronically (preferred)
- If mailed or faxed must be on Letterhead and signed.
- A statement of objectives