APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Summer 2021, Early Admission||October 31, 2020 *|
|Summer 2021||December 31, 2020*|
*The MEd in Early Childhood Education only accepts new applicants every three years. Applications must be received by both the Office of Graduate Education and the Department of Curriculum Studies by the date shown.
The Office of Graduate Education online application will be available from August 1, 2020.
In addition to the requirements of the Office of Graduate Education, applicants for the MEd in Early Childhood Education must provide the following evidence of successful academic performance in child development and early childhood education:
- Documented experience of work with young children and their families, or in early childhood program administration or public policy
- Three (3) professional references from people who are able to comment on the quality of the applicant’s experience, ability to pursue graduate study, and character.
And a minimum of one course each in:
- Child development, age birth to five
- Foundations in the field of early childhood education
- Early childhood education/developmentally appropriate practice
- Family studies/working with families and communities
STEPS TO APPLY
College of Education Application supplemental Program materials will be submitted through Mākālei. Once you complete the UH Graduate Application and pay your fees you will be directed to the College Mākālei system.
1. Complete a new UH Graduate Application
- Go to the Office of Graduate education (OGE) Submitting Your Application website to access the online application (preferred) or to download the paper application.
- Select the “Graduate Studies - Summer” application type.
- On Question #7, choose the “Early Childhood Educ-MEd (Contact Grad Prog Before Applying)” program as your Planned Course of Study.
2. Submit to the department Through Mākālei
You will need to Log into the College of Educations Mākālei System with either your UH username and password if you have, or with a personal email address. Once in follow the directions and submit the following:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submitted electronically (preferred)
- If mailed or faxed must be on Letterhead and signed.
- A statement of objectives
- Resume or Vitae
3. Additional materials sent directly to OGE
You will need to provide OGE with:
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
- Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
- International Student Financial Form (International Students only)