APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Fall||February 1||January 15|
Mānoa Graduate Division and Curriculum Studies Department
Students must meet application requirements of both the Graduate Division and the College of Education, including:
- A master’s degree from an accredited university or college, with evidence of a minimum of three years of experience in the field of education
- A written statement of career goals, research interests, and academic objectives
- A curriculum vitae
- Acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within the last 5 years
- At least three letters of professional and/or academic recommendation
- Applicants must demonstrate competence in writing and submit a sample of their academic and/or research writing
- Applicants from countries where English is not the dominant language are required to have a TOEFL score of 600 on the paper version or 100 on the Internet version (regardless of degree completion from other U.S. institutions)
- An oral interview may be conducted
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Submit an Office of Graduate Education (OGE) Application
Please carefully review the OGE application instructions and comply with the most current requirements and submission procedures. It is a good idea to submit copies of all graduate division application materials to the COE department you are applying to with your COE application materials.
International students may have different deadlines and requirements.
2. Submit COE Application Materials
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Evidence of competency in formal writing (i.e. masters thesis, research paper, etc.)
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose for pursuing a doctoral degree
- Note: Official GRE scores that are no more than 5 years old must be sent directly to Graduate Division Student Services. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) code for UHM is 4867.
Send the COE Application materials to:Doctoral Programs (CS Specialization)UHM College of Education1776 University Avenue, Wist Rm 113Honolulu, HI 96822