APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Fall||February 1||January 15|
Mānoa Graduate Division and Educational Administration
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for admission.
Applicants must submit:
- Evidence of an outstanding scholastic record in a master's program from an accredited graduate school
- Have potential capacity for leadership in the field of education and administration, as attested to by at least three letters of recommendation from former professors (not in the Department of EDEA), immediate supervisors in employment, or close work associates
- Have had employment in the field of education appropriate to the specialization and area of emphasis (documentary evidence of employment must be submitted)
- Present scores on the GRE (verbal, quantitative, writing). Applicants from foreign countries where English is not the usual means of communication, must also submit a TOEFL score
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Submit an Office of Graduate Education (OGE) Application
Please carefully review the OGE application instructions and comply with the most current requirements and submission procedures. It is a good idea to submit copies of all graduate division application materials to the COE department you are applying to with your COE application materials.
International students may have different deadlines and requirements.
2. Submit COE Application Materials
- Three letters of recommendation
- Evidence of competency in formal writing (i.e. masters thesis, research paper, etc)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of purpose for pursuing a doctoral degree
Send these application items to:Doctoral Programs (EDEA Specialization)UHM College of Education1776 University Avenue, Wist Rm 113Honolulu, HI 96822