The MEd in Educational Administration program with K-12 emphasis is designed to prepare candidates for leadership positions as principals and assistant principals. Minimum experience required is two years of successful full-time employment as a teacher or school counselor. Individuals interested in administrative positions in public schools should also check with the Department of Education for additional requirements to hold a public school leadership position in Hawai`i.
Evening courses at UH Manoa.
A minimum of 36 credits is required, including the following course domains:
- EDEA 601 Introduction to Educational Administration
- EDEA 602 Research in Educational Administration
- One 700 level EDEA seminar
- At least one course in organizations/contexts (e.g., EDEA 610, 650, 652, 670)
- At least one course in leadership/policy (e.g., EDEA 642, 645, 675, 676)
- At least one course in legal/fiscal issues (e.g., EDEA 620, 630)
- Up to two elective courses from a related field (approved by advisor) or additional units in EDEA as needed
- Plan A thesis (6 units) or Plan B project (3 units)