APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Fall||February 1||January 15|
The Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required. Foreign students must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The desried score for the paper-based test is 600 or above, and for the internet-based test, 100 or above. Test scores over five years old for the GRE and over two years old for the TOEFL are not accpeted.
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Submit an Office of Graduate Education (OGE) Application
Please carefully review the OGE application instructions and comply with the most current requirements and submission procedures. It is a good idea to submit copies of all graduate division application materials to the COE department you are applying to with your COE application materials.
International students may have different deadlines and requirements.
2. Submit COE Application Materials
- Three letters of recommendation
- Evidence of competency in formal writing (i.e. masters thesis, research paper, etc.)
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose for pursuing a doctoral degree
Send these application items to:Doctoral Programs (EDEF Global & International Education Specialization)UHM College of Education1776 University Avenue, Wist Rm 113Honolulu, HI 96822