Selection will be based on the following information:
The following table of points will be applied in scoring:
- Completed Student Teacher Scholarship Application Form. (Check semester of student teaching.)
- Official College Transcript
- Personal Statement: Give (a) reason for choosing teaching as a career, and (b) experiences related to situations inherent in teaching, e.g. Tutoring, Club Advisorship. Plans for the future, extra-curricular interests and activities, membership in clubs/organizations, past and present work experiences, etc. may be cited. Statements should be no more than 300 words typed or legibly hand-written on a separate sheet.
- Completed HEA Financial Aid Form.
- Recommendation from College Faculty, or Principal of Masters of Education in Teaching (MET) Participant, or Observation Participation (OP) Teacher Supervisor. Have individual completing recommendation form mail the form directly in envelopes provided to:
HEA Scholarship Committee,
1953 South Beretania Street, Suite 5C,
Honolulu, HI 96826
or send via e-mail (instructions included in recommendation form).
Information provided is held confidential.
1-15 points Ability
1-15 points Personal Statement
1-15 points Financial Need
1-5 points Recommendation
The HEA Scholarship Committee will review all applications and select the two scholarship winners. The Committee’s decision will be final.