MS Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science: Hawaii Rehabilitation Counseling (HRC)

Printer-friendly versionSend by email


Semester General
International Students
Fall 2018 Applicatin DEADLINE:
February 1, 2018


The Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is NOT required for Rehabilitation Counseling. International students must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL test scores over two years old are not accepted.


Completed applications are first screened by the UH Mānoa Graduate Division’s Admission Office.  Applications that meet the requirements of the Graduate Division are forwarded to the Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science‘s graduate Rehabilitation Counselor Education Program where applications are subjected to a more comprehensive and intensive review by the graduate faculty.  The Rehabilitation Counselor Education program faculty then makes a recommendation to the Department Chair either to admit or deny the applicant. 

The final decision to make a formal offer of admission rests with the Graduate Division, which takes into full consideration the recommendation of the graduate program.  Admission is valid only for the semester for which a student was accepted.  The Graduate Division notifies each applicant of its decision.  **NOTE:  The application process is a two-part process**

1. Step 1:  Submit an Office of Graduate Education (OGE) Application

Please carefully review the OGE application instructions and comply with the most current requirements and submission procedures. It is a good idea to submit copies of all graduate division application materials to the COE department you are applying to with your COE application materials.

International students may have different deadlines and requirements.

Prospective students may apply online or by downloading an application form. Either process should be initiated at the Graduate Division website which provides detailed instructions on (1) how to access either of the two modes, (2) deadlines, and (3) required documentation materials at: http://Mā

1. Completed Graduate Admissions Application
2. Application fee ($100, non-refundable)
3. One official transcript for each post-secondary institution attended
4. Residency Declaration Form (for applicants claiming Hawai`i residency or statutory exemptions only)
5. KRS Specialization Form

Mail the above documents to:

Office of Graduate Education
2540 Maile Way
Spalding Hall 3rd Floor
Honolulu, HI 96822


2. Step 2:  Submit KRS Application Materials

Send KRS Application Materials to:

KRS Graduate Chair
1337 Lower Campus Rd PE/A 231
Honolulu, HI 96822

student on a computer

About the Degree