MS Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science: Physical Activity & Adapted Physical Activity (PA/APA)

Printer-friendly version


Semester General
International Students
Fall March 1 TBD
Spring October 1 TBD



Students interested in the Master of Science degree with specialization in Physical Activity (PA) or Adapted Physical Activity (APA) must meet the admission requirements of Graduate Division and KRS.

The Graduate Records Examination

The Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is required for all KRS Master's programs. Test scores over five years old for the GRE are not accepted.

Test of English as a Foreign Language

International students must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Test scores over two years old for the TOEFL are not accepted.

Program Sheet

Type Name Updated
Brochure/Information MS Physical Activity & Adapted Physical Activity Program Sheet (Accessible) Last Updated
July 2019


Applications to College of Education Programs will be submitted through Mākālei.

1. Submit to Office of Graduate Education (OGE)

  • A new UH Graduate Application.
    1. Select the “Graduate Studies” application type.
    2. On Question #7, choose the “Kinesiology & Rehabilitation Science – MS” program as your Planned Course of Study.
  • Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
  • Official GRE Scores
  • Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
  • TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
  • International Student Financial Form (International Students only)

2. Submit through Mākālei

  • 3 Letters of Recommendation
  • A Statement of Objectives
  • Unofficial Transcripts
  • Resume

Ready to apply? Apply Now (Makalei)

Students receiving instruction in a lab.

About the Degree