APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Fall||February 1||January 15|
Students are required to have a Masters degree from an accredited institution. A degree in Learning Design and Technology is NOT required to enter the LTEC PhD program.
A GPA of 3.0 or better in advanced degree work is required. Meeting minimum requirements does not guaranteee admission.
Graduate Record Examination
GRE is required for all applicants. GRE scores cannot be older than five years from the application deadline.
TOEFL is required for most international students from those countries where English is not the native language. See the UHM Graduate Education web site for special requirements and deadlines for international students. https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/
STEPS TO APPLY
Applications to College of Education Programs will be submitted through Mākālei.
1. Submit to Office of Graduate Education (OGE)
- A new UH Graduate Application.
- Select the “Graduate Studies” application type.
- On Question #7, choose the “Learning Design and Technology - PhD” program as your Planned Course of Study.
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Scores
- Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
- International Student Financial Form (International Students only)
2. Submit to LTEC Department
(Submitting documents through Makalei is preferred but submitting documents via email to email@example.com is also fine)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submitted electronically (preferred)
- If mailed or faxed must be on Letterhead and signed.
- A statement of objectives
- Evidence of formal (scholarly) writing
- A copy of your CV (resume)