This grant was funded to improve services to students with severe disabilities, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD), in Hawaii. The grant priority is to target those areas that are rural, remote and disadvantaged.
You are eligible to apply if you
- have a Hawaii teaching license
- have a cumulative grade point average in your last degree program of 3.0
- are currently teaching student with severe disabilities, including ASD
- have a commitment to serve this population of students
- have two years of classroom teaching experience
To determine if you are in the priority group, ask yourself these questions:
- Is your school rural?
- Is your school remote?
- Is your school disadvantaged?
- Do you live in the area in which your school is located?
To check your answer against the grant definitions, please refer to the additional priotirty criteria attachments or click on the highlighted words above.