APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Summer||February 1 (priority) February 15 (final)||TBD|
A cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 is required for admission.
In lieu of a formal interview, a series of video recorded response questions are embedded into the application process. Applicants will be able to view and record their responses to each question at a time and location of their choosing. Video recorded responses must be submitted by the application deadline. Once received, complete applications may take up to 90 days to process and review.
Overall Basis for Admissions Decisions
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) (Note that a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required by the University of Hawaii Graduate Division)
- Academic preparation
- Professional dispositions (judged through faculty recommendations, letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and video recorded responses)
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Focus areas and goals (judged through letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and video recorded responses)
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Submit an Office of Graduate Education (OGE) Application
Please carefully review the OGE application instructions and comply with the most current requirements and submission procedures. It is a good idea to submit copies of all graduate division application materials to the COE department you are applying to with your COE application materials.
International students may have different deadlines and requirements.
2. Submit SPED Application Materials
- Completed Statement of Objectives (include focus areas and goals; statement should demonstrate commitment to the field and leadership potential)
- 3 Letters of recommendation (recommendations should be from individuals who can address the applicant’s potential for success in graduate school and their professional dispositions)
Send these items to:
Department of Special Education
1776 University Avenue Wist 120
Honolulu, HI 96822
Note that COMPLETE applications may take up to 90 days to process and review.