APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Semester||General Admission||International Students admission|
|Fall||February 1 (priority) March 1 (final)||TBD|
|Spring||September 1 (priority) October 1 (final)||TBD|
A cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 is required for admission.
Candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview with SPED Faculty once the complete application is reviewed. It is a good idea to submitt copies of all graduate division application materials to the SPED department as this can shorten the time required for SPED to receive the complete application. Once received, complete applications may take up to 90 days to process and review.
Overall Basis for Admissions Decisions
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) (Note that a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required by the University of Hawaii Graduate Division)
- Academic preparation
- Professional dispositions (judged through faculty recommendations, letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and interview)
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Focus areas and goals (judged through letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and interview)
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Submit an Office of Graduate Education (OGE) Application
Please carefully review the OGE application instructions and comply with the most current requirements and submission procedures. It is a good idea to submit copies of all graduate division application materials to the COE department you are applying to with your COE application materials.
International students may have different deadlines and requirements.
2. Submit SPED Application Materials
- Completed Statement of Objectives Form (include focus areas and goals; statement should demonstrate commitment to the field and leadership potential)
- 3 Letters of recommendation (recommendations should be from individuals who can address the applicant’s potential for success in graduate school and their professional dispositions)
Send these items to:
Department of Special Education
1776 University Avenue Wist 120
Honolulu, HI 96822
Note that COMPLETE applications may take up to 90 days to process and review. You will be contacted to schedule an interview with SPED Faculty once your complete application is reviewed.