APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Fall (Interdisciplinary & BCBA-Track Only)||March 1||TBD|
|Spring (BCBA-Track Only)||October 1||TBD|
|Summer (Literacy Specalist & BCBA-Track Only)||February 15||TBD|
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from a UHM recognized institution
- GPA: 3.0 or above
- Prior experience with individuals with disabilities
- A SPED Orientation is required
Information on orientation will be provided upon being accepted into the MEd program.
Instead of a traditional interview format, applicants will complete a one-way video recorded response and essay. This format allows you to complete this component at a time convenient for you and allows us to get to know you better without you having to come to campus. More information and a demo of the video recorded response and essay component can be provided by contacting the program recruitment specialist using the "Apply Now" or "Learn More" buttons.
Overall Basis for Admissions Decisions
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) (Note that a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required by the University of Hawaii Graduate Division)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education
- Professional dispositions (judged through faculty recommendations, letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and video-recorded responses)
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Focus areas and goals (judged through letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and interview)
STEPS TO APPLY
Candidates must complete both the UH system Graduate Application Form (http://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/content/special-education) , pay the $100 application fee, and the College of Education Makalei Application (http://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/content/special-education).
A comprehensive application guideline with all necessary links to applications and materials will be shared upon request. Please submit your program interest and contact information using the "Apply Now " or "Learn More" buttons and indicate that you are ready to apply in the comments section of the form.