APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Fall||February 1 (priority)
March 1 (final)
A cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 is required for admission.
Candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview with SPED Faculty once the complete application is reviewed.
Overall Basis for Admissions Decisions
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) (Note that a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required by the University of Hawaii Graduate Division)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education
- Professional dispositions (judged through faculty recommendations, letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and interview)
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Focus areas and goals (judged through letters of recommendation, statement of objectives, and interview)
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Submit an Office of Graduate Education (OGE) Application
Please carefully review the OGE application instructions and comply with the most current requirements and submission procedures. It is a good idea to submit copies of all graduate division application materials to the COE department you are applying to with your COE application materials.
International students may have different deadlines and requirements.
2. Submit SPED Application Materials
- Completed Statement of Objectives Form (include focus areas and goals; statement should demonstrate commitment to the field and leadership potential)
- 3 Letters of recommendation (recommendations should be from individuals who can address the applicant’s potential for success in graduate school and their professional dispositions)
Send these items to:
Department of Special Education
1776 University Avenue Wist 120
Honolulu, HI 96822
You will be contacted to schedule an interview with SPED Faculty once your complete application is reviewed.