APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Fall||February 1||January 15|
This is a 48-60 month program. Visit the UH Mānoa graduate tuition page for information on costs. Traineeships and GA positions are sometimes available. Refer to the Graduate Tuition and Scholarship page for more information.
- Master’s Degree in special education, disability studies, or a related field from a UHM recognized institution
- Prior Experience: Minimum of three years experience in special education and/or a disabilities related field
- Grade Point Average: minimum of 3.0 (in the last four semester of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work)
- Completed UHM Graduate System Application Form
- Completed College of Education Makalei Application
- Official transcripts from all non-UH institutions
- GRE General Test
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Objectives (professional and research)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Formal Writing Sample
An oral Interview may be requested by the specialization of the chair of the Doctor of Education Program. Please click on the Advise Me button to receive more information, speak with a program specialist, and/or to request an application guideline.
STEPS TO APPLY
A comprehensive application guideline with all necessary links to applications and materials will be shared upon request. Please submit your program interest and contact information using the Apply Now button and indicate that you are ready to apply in the comments section of the form.