Skip to main content
Printer-friendly versionSend by email
Students are expected to:
- Clarify and communicate their educational and career goals.
- Become knowledgeable about pertinent policies, procedures, and deadlines for UHM, the College of Education, and their program (i.e., review websites, handouts, UHM catalog, etc.).
- Schedule advising appointments every semester as required or when in need of assistance.
- Arrive prepared for the advising session (i.e., questions written down, a draft done of their course schedule for the subsequent semester, required forms completed, etc).
- Review STAR every semester to track academic progress, completion of degree requirements and to confirm passing grades (as required by their program).
- Accept responsibility for academic choices and decisions.
- Check their @hawaii.edu account regularly for important information and deadlines. Communicate with UH faculty and staff using this email account.