The mission of the Puahia: Inspiring Emerging Leaders Program is to engage, empower, and support new students within the UHM College of Education as they begin to identify and realize their academic and professional goals toward becoming future leaders.
Through the Puahia Program, students can network and meet other students through peer mentorships, workshops, and activities that can support their transition into college and future student success.
- To provide a welcoming and friendly environment so students feel part of the College from the beginning of their academic journey at UHM.
- To ease student transition during their beginning year(s) at the University and College of Education by providing opportunities to establish peer-to-peer and student-to-faculty/staff relationships.
- To empower and support students as they navigate through college and develop skills to persist through graduation.
- To encourage students to approach their college experience in a balanced manner by emphasizing academic achievement, personal development, and engagement.
- To assist students in developing leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.