The Dean’s Office is pleased to announce the newly reestablished COE Dean’s Scholarship!
The College of Education is excited to invite applications for the newly reestablished COE Dean’s Scholarship award. One candidate in each of the four majors below will be awarded a scholarship in the amount of $3,000 for the Spring 2022 Semester. In order to be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet all minimum qualifications and submit their application using the official online application form (see below) by the required deadline. Successful applicants will be informed by early December in fall 2021, with the funds issued to awardees some time in January of spring 2022.
Application deadline: November 22, 2021, 11:59 pm HST
Link to application form: https://bit.ly/coedeansscholarshipsp2022
IMPORTANT: Your entire application must be submitted using the above Google Form by the deadline – no exceptions.
Minimum Qualifications (must meet ALL of the below in order to be considered):
- Enrolled as a declared COE major in one of the following programs:
- BEd in Elementary Education programs (all tracks – including dual licensure programs)
- BEd in Secondary Education programs (all tracks)
- BS in Kinesiology & Rehabilitation Science
- EdD in Professional Practice
- Currently enrolled in classes at UH Mānoa as either a part-time or full-time student;
- Have graduated from a public or private Hawaii high school;
- Be a US citizen or legal permanent resident, as well as a full-time resident of the State of Hawaii;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above; and
- Have completed at minimum the first semester of the program (NOTE: Students whose first semester at COE is fall 2021 are not eligible to apply at this moment – please look out for the next application cycle announcement and apply once you have completed at least one semester with COE).
- Have some financial need (not necessarily as defined by federal guidelines);
- Have demonstrated a commitment to work in the State of Hawaii in a field related to their declared major; and
- Have demonstrated participation in community service activities related to their major.
Application Essay Requirement:
Provide a written essay response to the following prompts (maximum 1500 words):
- Describe how you meet ALL of the minimum qualifications;
- Describe how you meet the desirable qualifications:
- Describe your goals and commitment to work as a professional in the field of education in your declared major in Hawaii;
- Describe your participation in community service activities related to your major; and
- Provide information about your financial situation/status.
QUESTIONS? Please reach out to Nezia Azmi, Assistant to the Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!