The Hawaiʻi Positive Engagement Project (H-PEP) is accepting applications for SPARK Aloha Well-Being Cohort 9 and the H-PEP SPARK Aloha Scholarship for Educators.
H-PEP SPARK Aloha Well-being Cohort 9
- H-PEP is a 10-week online cohort model.
- The program focuses on serving Native Hawaiian educators and parents in addition to those with Native Hawaiian students and keiki (all are welcome).
- Participants will engage in weekly Positive Psychology Interventions (PPIs), aimed to increase personal well-being and flourishing.
- After completing the 10 weeks, participants are invited to propose for $500 in support to implement their SPARK Aloha Plan, focused on sparking well-being, flourishing, and/or literacy at their school/ community organization.
- Participants may earn up to $325 for attendance and data completion throughout the cohort.
- For more information, please visit https://cds.coe.hawaii.edu/hpep/well-being-cohort/.
Apply by August 19, 2023 at https://cds.coe.hawaii.edu/hpep/well-being-cohort/.
H-PEP SPARK Aloha Scholarship for Educators
In a unique partnership with the Spark M. Matsunaga Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution, H-PEP will pay tuition for a select number of Hawaiʻi educators to receive their Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution. H-PEP is especially interested in supporting Native Hawaiian Educators and Educators and those who work with Native Hawaiian students and/or in Native Hawaiian communities. Ideal applicants are Preschool to Grade 12 Educators in Hawaiʻi. Educators are defined as classroom teachers, aides, school staff, administrators, counselors, related service providers, community providers, and other roles who work to educate Hawaiʻi’s students. Must be a US citizen, current resident of Hawaiʻi and have a bachelor’s degree. Preference will be given to Educators who have completed H-PEP’s 10-week SPARK Aloha Well-being cohorts.
Apply by September 27, 2023 for a Spring 2024 start. Find more information at https://cds.coe.hawaii.edu/hpep/hpep-scholarship/.