‘Iolani School is seeking energetic and dependable individuals to join their After School Care team. Successful candidates will enjoy working with students and adults and functioning as an active member of the team to support student development. Approachability, flexibility, and clear communication are valued and essential skills.
The ‘Iolani After School Care vision is to provide safe, nurturing, enriching, and fun environments and experiences for students in kindergarten through sixth grade during the academic year’s after school hours (2:00 pm – 5:30 pm). After School Care employees will also undergo mandatory orientation and training.
Interested candidates should apply at: www.iolani.org/employment. Pay starts at $15.50/hour.
WORK DATES (temporary, ongoing hires)
- First term: August 2023 through mid-January 2024
- Second term: mid-January 2024 through May 2024
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors After School Care students in a variety of settings and situations (ie: play areas, study time, escorting to and from activities, Autoline, etc.) for the purpose of enforcing established school and After School Care policies and procedures.
- Develops and fosters healthy rapport with and between students by listening to understand student needs, appropriately expressing care, and providing the necessary support.
- Promotes good habits and encourages positive development of After School Care students.
- Stands as a good role model for After School Care students.
- Reinforces student behavior and encourages participation in activities through positive behavior support.
- Maintains necessary clerical records including attendance, injury, illness and incident reports.
- Assists with planning and executing a diverse variety of age-appropriate indoor and outdoor activities and games.
- Provides first aid when needed.
- Conducts student pick up and drop off with other ASC staff.
- Attends meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Provides feedback as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Related experience and/or training preferred.
- Currently (or ability to be) certified in first aid/CPR or other emergency procedures preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children as well as adults.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated a constructive and flexible approach to all aspects of required duties.
- Ability to handle interruptions and multiple demands.
- Ability to appropriately interact with students and colleagues in various situations.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for sustained periods of time during scheduled shifts.
- Must pass fingerprinting and background clearance check. TB clearance required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job