License in early childhood is complicated and not all students in early childhood graduate program seek to obtain a license in the field. This is specific to teachers who want to teach in public schools PreK-K or PreK-3 settings. MEd-ECE students with a Hawaii Teacher Standards Board (HTSB) initial license in another field can focus their coursework to fulfill requirements to Add-a-Field in early childhood education to an existing Hawai‘i teacher license. Students with non-license undergraduate degrees in early childhood education should consult the Director of Graduate ECE Programs. We will review your transcripts to determine the most appropriate license pathways based on your prior experience and coursework. License varies widely from state to state. Students from other states should consult the HTSB to find out if their license is recognized within the state of Hawaii.