Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Background about why you chose this topic (optional)
- Statement of problem
- Purpose (what is the need and the research questions to be addressed for a study or practical issue to be addressed by the capstone)
- Limitations of the study or project
Chapter 2 – Literature Review
- Introduction (overview of topic areas)
- Review of previous research
- Summary and critique
- Conclusions (summarize the major findings of the literature review)
Chapter 3 – Methodology/Methods
- Overview (who, what, where, when, how, etc.)
- Research questions
- Arrangements for conducting the project (how did you set it up?)
- Description of participants (who and why you selected them)
- Data collection (what you did and how you kept records, i.e. journals, student work, questionnaires, interviews, observations of participants, etc.)
- Analysis of data (how did you analyze your data?)
Chapter 4 – Findings
- What were the major things you found out?
- Were there foreseen as well as unforeseen outcomes?
- Discussion of findings (what do the findings mean to you?
- How do your findings connect to the research literature?)
Chapter 5 – Conclusions and Recommendations
The brief concluding chapter will summarize the major findings of the research study/project, discuss implications and/or lessons learned for you as a professional. Also you may include recommendations for the field.