The Ethnomathematics Graduate Certificate is a 15-credit online/hybrid program grounded in real-world problem-solving that empowers teachers as leaders to be locally-minded, global citizens through a sense of purpose and a sense of place. Students have the option of adding the field, Ethnomathematics, to an existing Hawai`i Standard or Advanced License (in process).
The 15-credits are from the following courses:
- EDCS 654: Ethnomathematics (3)
- EDCS 606: Introduction to Research in Curriculum and Teaching (3)
- EDCS 622G: Curriculum Leadership: K–14 (3)
- EDCS 632: Qualitative Research Methods (3)
- EDCS 642G: Seminar in Diversity Issues: K–14 (1)
- EDCS 653F: Mathematics in the Schools: Integrated Mathematics Content (3)
- EDCS 667: Seminar in Curriculum (3)
- EDCS 699: Directed Reading and/or Research (2)
For more information, please contact Dr. Linda Furuto, firstname.lastname@example.org.