Curriculum & Instruction
PhD in Education
Apply Now Instructions
Applications to College of Education Programs will be submitted through Mākālei.
*Applications closed until October 2022.
1. Submit to UH Manoa Graduate Division
- A new UH Graduate Application.
- Select the “Graduate Studies” application type.
- On Question #7, choose the “Education-PhD (No Spring Admission)” program as your Planned Course of Study.
- Application fee $100 (non-refundable)
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Scores
- Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
- International Student Financial Form (International Students only)
2. Submit to Curriculum Studies Department
(Please submit the following documents through Makalei)
- Three letters of recommendation (Recommendation Letter Instructions)
- Submitted electronically (preferred)
- If mailed or faxed must be on Letterhead and signed.
- A statement of objectives (What is a good Statement of Objectives)
- Evidence of formal (scholarly) writing
- A copy of your CV (resume)
Apply Now Through Makalei