Graduate Certificate

How to Apply Instructions

Applications to College of Education Programs will be submitted through Mākālei.

Those seeking the Teacher Leader Certificate only must apply through Outreach College.

1. Submit to Graduate Division

  • A new UH Graduate Application.
    1. Select the “Graduate Studies – Summer” application type.
    2. On Question #7, choose the “” program as your Planned Course of Study.
  • Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
  • Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
  • TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
    International Student Financial Form (International Students only)

2. Submit to Curriculum Studies

  • Three letters of recommendation
    • Submitted electronically (preferred)
    • If mailed or faxed must be on Letterhead and signed.
  • A statement of objectives
  • A copy of your CV (resume)