How to Apply Instructions
To apply to the Educational Foundations program, follow these steps:
- You must first submit an application to the UH Manoa Graduate Division office. When completing your application, make sure to select “PhD in Education.”
- To complete your application, you must pay a $100 application fee and submit your transcripts for any colleges/universities you attended outside of the UH system. Transcripts may be unofficial, but please keep in mind that official transcripts will be required if you are accepted into the program. More information on the application may be found on the Graduate Division SIte.
In addition to completing your application through Graduate Division, you must also submit the following supplementary materials to our office:
- Statement of objectives (Note: Be sure to indicate that you are applying to the Ph.D. in Educational Foundations. Failure to do so may result in the application being routed incorrectly.)
- Evidence of written work
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores taken within the past five years.
The letters of recommendation need to be submitted by the recommenders themselves and should be on letterhead with the recommender’s signature. All materials may be mailed to our office (1776 University Avenue Wist RM 113), emailed to us, or uploaded on the Graduate Division document upload site. GRE scores must be sent to our department on the GRE website by inputting the code 4867.