If you are not already a UH student prior to applying for this program, then you must complete a UH System Application Form and submit a $70 application fee. This would be common for transfer students or students coming back for a second Bachelor’s degree.

However, if you are transferring from a local community college, then you should look into the Ka‘ie‘ie program, and if eligible you can have your application fee waived. To learn more, please visit: https://uhcc.hawaii.edu/kaieie/index.php

All students, including students who are already at UH, would also need to complete the College of Education Makalei application (makalei.coe.hawaii.edu), which is a free application.