MS, Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science



Where are graduates of the program employed?

Primarily graduates are employed as Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors for state vocational rehabilitation agencies, community rehabilitation agencies, Veterans Affairs, tribal rehabilitation counseling agencies, and private for profit rehabilitation agencies. Other graduates are serving as disability specialists at community colleges, employment specialists, etc.


Why does this program have a range of 48-60 credit hours listed within a 3 year period?

Our program is typically 48 credits (3 years). Some students wish to pursue a licensure in mental health counseling. In order to do so, they would need to take an additional 12 credits and do additional fieldwork under a licensed mental health professional.


I am a non-US citizen. Am I still able to apply for the RSA scholarship?

You are eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:

  1. US National (including natives of American Samoa or Swain’s Island)
  2. US permanent resident with an I-151, I-551, or I-551C
How does the payback requirement work?

Students receiving scholarship assistance through RSA must “payback” to their communities this back by working for in a State VR agency or qualifying, a non-profit rehabilitation agency, or a related agency. For every year of scholarship assistance received, the employment obligation is the Full time (FT) equivalent of 2 years. The RSA scholar must “payback” two years in qualifying employment. For example, a student receiving scholarship assistance for all 3 years of the RCE program must work in one of the above agencies for 6 years.

When does the payback period begin?

The RSA scholar has two years after graduation to attain gainful employment in the field.  Payback begins immediately upon the completion of the training and lasts the duration of the employment obligation.