The Office of Student Academic Services (OSAS) believes that academic advising is a developmental teaching process to assist students to clarify their life/career goals and develop meaningful educational plans to help them attain these goals. OSAS supports the College of Education students in a continual process of clarification and evaluation. Through the questioning and exchange of information, OSAS guides students through decision-making processes which will enable them to gain critical insights and make sound decisions.
- Empower and guide students to develop a realistic educational plan consistent with their career goals.
- Assist students in understanding the University’s and College’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all COE students have access to OSAS advising services throughout the year.
Student Outcomes (SO)
- Students will identify their career goals and formulate an educational plan that will assist them in achieving their goals.
- Students will identify College and University policies that affect their educational experience.
- Students will utilize OSAS advising services and/or additional support services via Puahia, Pu‘uhonua, and Tinalak.
- Students will identify factors that impact their academic progress.