Watch the videos below to learn all about your KRS Health and Exercise Science (KRS-HES) major and graduation requirements. After watching the videos, complete the self-knowledge check. Altogether this will take approximately 20 minutes.
Important Notice: The KRS Health and Exercise Science curriculum will be changing in Fall 2023. The videos below do not reflect the upcoming changes. Incoming KRS-HES students for Fall 2023 should speak with an advisor about the new program requirements.
View, download and print your KRS-HES program sheet.
Part 1: Foundations General Education Courses
- Understand the Foundations General Education requirements
- What combinations of FG courses count for this requirement?
- Which FQ course is highly recommended for KRS majors to take?
Part 2: Diversification General Education Courses
- Understand the Diversification General Education requirements
- What combinations of DA/DH/DL courses count for this requirement?
Part 3: Focus Graduation Requirement
- Understand the Focus graduation requirements
- How many Writing Intensive courses are required?
- Is Hawaiian or Second Language required for KRS majors?
- Know how many credits are required for graduation.
Part 4: KRS Science Requirements
- Understand the science requirements for the KRS major.
- Which Anatomy and Physiology option is highly recommended if the student is planning to apply to Physical Therapy school?
- Know what the minimum grade requirement is for these science courses.
- Know what GPA is required to be in good academic standing for the KRS major.
Part 5: KRS Core, Career Pathway, and Activity Courses
- Understand the KRS major course requirements.
- Understand the activity and career pathway requirements.
- Know where to find KRS advisors’ contact information.
Now that you have watched the videos, complete this self-knowledge check. This is ungraded and solely for your benefit. Completing this self-knowledge check is required prior to your advisor visit.