Study-Away Opportunities

Printer-friendly version

There are three ways to take advantage of study-away opportunities at COE. As with any supplementary experience during your time at COE, make sure to discuss with your academic advisor on how to ensure these different experiences complement and help fulfill your graduation requirements.

Directly enroll in a COE course

Summer session COE courses that include a field-study component outside of the Hawaiian islands and the U.S.

Through Mānoa International Exchange

A semester, summer or year away through  Mānoa International Exchange (MIX) Office Outbound ProgramsYou can do a program search by country on the MIX website. (They are currently working on enabling program search by academic area).

Through the university's Study Abroad Center

A semester, summer or year away through the Study Abroad Center (SAC) at partner programs/institutions throughout the world with course offerings in education topics. There are two ways to search through the SAC website: By Area of Study and By Major (once you arrive at the SAC page, click on "Education" ) . NOTE: The COE course equivalency on the SAC website might not necessarily be the most up-to-date so be sure to check with your advisor prior to signing up for an SAC program.