The Department of Special Education is now hiring for a secondary special education (mild/moderate) instructor/assistant professor position to begin August 1, 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teach special education courses and supervise teacher candidates on all islands via a variety of distance delivery modes (some in-person instruction/supervision when Covid-19 is no longer a concern); serve as cohort coordinator of special education teacher preparation/licensure programs; provide service to the department and college; other duties as assigned.
Instructor Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in special education or in a closely related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Classroom experience as a licensed special educator teaching grades 7-12 students with mild/moderate disabilities.
- Broad knowledge of secondary level special education instructional methods, assessment, and behavior management techniques.
Assistant Professor Minimum Qualifications (in addition to the Instructor Minimum Qualifications)
- Doctorate degree in special education or in a closely related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Evidence of scholarly research and contributions to scholarship.
To learn more or to begin an application, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu/jobs/2806914/instructor-assistant-professor-special-education?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs