Submit a proposal by the Early/Priority Deadline of May 14, 2021!
Final Deadline is May 31, 2021
We invite you to share your knowledge with fellow teachers, students, policy makers, cultural practitioners, and STEM and STEMS2 (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Social Sciences and Sense of Place) enthusiasts at the 3rd Annual STEMS2 Symposium.
When: June 30 & July 1, 2021 from 8:30am-12:30pm
Registration: Details will be sent out later this month
Cost: FREE! (opportunities to donate)
Presentation Details:Our goal is to create a dynamic learning environment grounded in the value of A‘o (to teach and learn in a reciprocal relationship). We are looking to highlight work that focuses on interdisciplinary/
transdisciplinary, place and culture based education. There will be four presentation formats* and community partner/exhibitor tables:
- Talk Story/Paper Presentation (30 minute individual presentations and discussion on a focused experience or research topic)
- Poster (60 minute session using a conference style poster to share findings from experiences and research)
- Workshop (60 minute session designed to share skills, knowledge and resources and develop participants access to new skills, forms of knowledge and resources)
- Performance (30 – 60 minute session sharing knowledge via dance, music, drama and other forms of artistic expression)
- Community Partner/Exhibitor Tables (60 minute space provided for community partners and collaborators to host exhibits, share resources and share information about their programs and/or projects)
*If none of these presentation formats fits the style in which you would like to present, please feel free to select “Other” in the proposal form and share your ideas with us.
Deadline for Proposals:
Early/Priority: May 14, 2021
Final: May 31, 2021 (reviewed on a rolling basis as we work to create the space for as many voices as possible)
Please submit your proposal here. We look forward to learning with and from you!