KRS Funding by Program
KRS Students: You may be eligible for Education-related funding opportunities as well, as KRS is an Education major.
- Major – KRS Health Exercise Science & Lifestyle Management
Scholarship – Kaiser Permanente Scholarship for Students in Health Care (recipients can be students in any area of health care studies)
- Major – KRS Physical Education
Scholarship – Hawaii County Medical Society Scholarship (recipients must be from East Hawai’i Island)
Note: there may be additional UH system scholarships available to KRS majors and not listed above
MFMA Academic Scholarship
Five annual scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each for secondary, advanced or trade school education (including Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Physical Rehabilitation or Therapy, Sports & Fitness Management)
Donald Handeland Scholarship
This is one of the most flexible scholarships you can apply for. There are very few requirements.
MWISM Foundation Scholarship
Minority Women in Sports Medicine Foundation Scholarship is committed to providing minority women entering the field of sports medicine with higher education financial assistance.
Army Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP)
Comprehensive scholarship for those qualifying as a commissioned officer
The Grow Our Own Teachers Initiative, also known as GOO, is an opportunity for candidates enrolled in PBCSE-Secondary and the Master of Education in Teaching in Secondary Education programs to qualify for tuition stipends. GOO is made possible through a partnership between the College of Education of the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa and Hawai‘i Department of Education. For more information on eligibility requirements and the application process, please visit our Grow Our Own Teachers page.
- Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) enables legal residents of the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE) member states to enroll in selected out-of-state graduate programs at a reduced tuition of 150% of the institution’s regular resident tuition. Member states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, CNMI, Guam, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
- Non-Resident Tuition Exemption (NRTE) – Limited number of NRTE Award is available for the out-of-state students, effective for 2 years. Selected out-of-state students will qualify for the resident tuition rate. NRTE will be awarded to the top out-of-state candidate(s) determined by their application.
- Achievement Scholarships – A total of $8000/yr is available to the program students to support their tuition. The top performing students are recognized and awarded achievement scholarships.
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association Scholarship
- NATA scholarship (Undergraduate and graduate opportunities)
- Far West Athletic Trainers’ Association Scholarship
- FWATA scholarship (Athletic Training students)
- Hawaii Athletic Trainers’ Association Scholarship
Financial support is available to qualified graduate students and may include scholarships awarded from the program’s Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) long-term training grant. Only students who have been admitted to the Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science (Rehabilitation Counselor Education Program) are eligible to apply for a RSA Scholarship.