The Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) has become a major organization for those actively involved in the designing of instruction and a systematic approach to learning. It provides an international forum for the exchange and dissemination of ideas for its members and for target audiences; it is the national and international spokesperson for the improvement of instruction; and, it is the most recognized association of information concerning a wide range of instructional and educational technology. Along with their members, they have 24 state and six international affiliates who are all passionate about finding better ways to help people learn. AECT is the oldest professional home for this field of interest and has continuously maintained a central position in the field, promoting high standards, both in scholarship and in practice. AECT has 9 divisions and a Graduate Student Assembly that represent the breadth and depth of the field. The association produces two bimonthly journals, Educational Technology Research and Development and TechTrends.
- November 2-6, 2021: 2021 AECT International Convention – Chicago
- October 21 – October 25 2019: 2019 AECT International Convention – Las Vegas
- Last call for proposals February Proposals Close – February 18, 11:59PM (PST), 2019
- September 7-9, 2018: Japan
- October 23-27, 2018: Kansas City, MO
- June 17-19, 2019: Hong Kong