In addition to our COE support services, the following are support offices at the UH and Mānoa level. For additional tools, checkout our list of Useful Online Tools.
Mānoa-level Support Services
UH Mānoa provides some specific supports for faculty and staff, mostly in support of face-to-face teaching and accessibility.
The KOKUA Program (Kahi O Ka Ulu ‘Ana – “The Place of Growing”) is the Manoa unit responsible for providing academic access services to students with disabilities.
KOKUA’s sample syllabus statement:
Any student who feels s/he may need an accommodation based on the impact of a disability is invited to contact me privately. I would be happy to work with you, and the KOKUA Program (Office for Students with Disabilities) to ensure reasonable accommodations in my course. KOKUA can be reached at (808) 956-7511 or (808) 956-7612 (voice/text) in room 013 of the Queen Liliʻuokalani Center for Student Services.
OFDAS – Office of Faculty Development & Academic Support
- OFDAS is a Mānoa unit that provides various workshops and supports for faculty:
UH-level Support (ITS)
UH System provides support services for Mānoa faculty and staff through the Information Technology Services Office (ITS) and Help Desk.
UH Informational Technology Services (ITS)
- Contact the ITS Help Desk for all questions regarding Laulima or any other technology issues that you or your students may encounter. ITS serves the entire UH system. You can email the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at (808) 956-8883
- The online innovation center offers system-wide webinars and instructional design services
- UH Manoa Campus, Kuykendall 206, Monday – Friday, 8am-4pm, call (808) 956-2719
- For faculty who need help with Laulima, web-conferencing, iTunes U, media conversion, audio/video digitizing, document or slide scanning, MS Word, PowerPoint, web page development and podcast creation
- Information for students and faculty about distance education in the UH system
UH OER (Open Educational Resources)