The MEd in Educational Administration with Higher Education emphasis is designed for individuals with interest in, or employed in, entry and mid-level administrative positions in higher education (e.g., student services, housing, financial aid, admissions). Previous experience working in higher education is strongly recommended. Courses are offered in the areas of leadership, policy and finance, legal issues, organizational theory, curriculum, students, and research.
Evening courses at UH Manoa.
A minimum of 36 credits is required, including the following course domains:
- EDEA 657 Introduction to Higher Education
- EDEA 602 Research in Educational Administration
- One additional research course (EDEA 604 or 629)
- One 700 level EDEA seminar
- At least one course in higher education institutions (e.g., EDEA 646, 650, 662)
- At least two courses in leadership (e.g., EDEA 642, 660, 661, 663)
- At least one course in legal/fiscal issues (e.g., EDEA 620HE, 630HE)
- Up to two elective courses from a related field (approved by advisor) or additional units in EDEA as needed
- Plan A thesis (6 units) or Plan B project (3 units)
See the Program Guide for more information.