APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
|Summer||Early deadline: Jan 15
Late deadline: Feb 15
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Graduate Division and the Professional AT
program. Minimum requirement for the Graduate Division includes bachelor’s degree, GPA, GRE score, and official transcripts. Only applicants that meet the admissions requirements will be admitted to the Professional AT program.
Applicants for the MS in AT degree will be further evaluated on their academic preparation for the program and previous clinical experiences. The Professional AT program application (in addition to application requirements for the Graduate Division) requires applicants to provide transcripts indicating completed or be in the process of completing the pre-requisites, three letters of recommendation, and ~200 hours of observation of an Athletic Training Clinic. Applicants must also read and complete the “Technical Standards” prior to consideration for admission.
The following courses are the Pre-Athletic Training Requirements for admission. These courses may be completed at UH Mānoa in the BS in Health/Exercise Science program or the course equivalent may be considered upon approval by the Program Director. Some courses are offered during the Summer Session I, which provides candidates with an opportunity to complete prerequisites courses that aren’t offered at their institution prior to the start of the program. Prerequisite coursework does not count toward the MS in AT degree, but would count toward the BS in Health/Exercise Science degree (as applicable). ALL Pre-Athletic Training Program Requirements MUST be completed at the junior (300) level or higher (except Weight Training and Psychology)
The following table contains the Pre-Athletic Training requirements:
|PHYL301 with Lab||Human Anatomy & Physiology||4|
|PHY302 with Lab||Human Anatomy & Physiology||4|
|KRS354 with Lab||Exercise and Sport Physiology||5|
|Emergency Care for Professional Rescuer
CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer current certification card
|PSY100||Survey of Psychology||3|
|KRS395||Personal Health & Wellness||3|
|KRS480||Nutrition & Exercise in Sport||3|
|KRS415||Prevention & Care of Athletic Injuries||3|
Required Clinical Observation.
The Professional AT program requires previous clinical (athletic training) experience. Applicants must complete at least 200 hours of observation/volunteer of an Athletic Training clinic or facility under the supervision of certified athletic trainer prior to applying.
STEPS TO APPLY
Applications to College of Education Programs will be submitted through Mākālei.
1. Submit to Office of Graduate Education (OGE)
- A new UH Graduate Application.
- Select the “Graduate Studies - Summer” application type.
- On Question #7, choose the “Athletic Training-MS-Professional**(NO SPRING ADMISSIONS)” program as your Planned Course of Study.
- Official Transcripts from each institution attended (except for UH system transcripts)
- Official GRE Scores
- Graduate Division Residency Declaration Form (Hawaii residents only)
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores (International Students only)
- International Student Financial Form (International Students only)
2. Submit through Mākālei
- Specialization Form
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Objectives
- Transcripts (sent to KRS program director)
- Documentation of ~200 hours of observation
- Completed Technical Standards