Puahia: Inspiring Emerging Leaders Program
The mission of the Puahia: Inspiring Emerging Leaders Program is to engage, empower, and support new students within the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UH Mānoa) College of Education (COE) as they begin to identify and realize their academic and professional goals toward becoming future leaders.
- To provide a welcoming and friendly environment that encourages a sense of belonging among students in the COE.
- To ease student transition during their beginning year(s) at UH Mānoa and COE by providing opportunities to establish peer-to-peer mentoring partnerships.
- To empower and support students as they navigate through college and develop skills to persist through graduation.
- To encourage students to approach their college experience in a balanced manner by emphasizing academic achievement, personal development, and engagement.
- To assist students in developing leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.