Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Secondary Education

How to Apply Instructions

The application process consists of TWO parts. Both parts must be completed prior to the deadline.

COE Mākālei Application (free)

  • Degree: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, 
  • Program: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, Secondary Education (PBCTE)
  • Select Program Options
    • Should be pre-populated with your semester and program choice
  • Complete Licensure Track Application Checklist

UH Mānoa System Application *Form ($70) and send official transcripts

  1. Start a new UH System Application:
    • Step 1: About You
      1. Personal Info
      2. Address
      3. Your Family (SKIP)
      4. Citizenship
        • International Students are not eligible to apply to this program.
      5. Ethnicity (Optional)
      6. Other Background (Optional)
    •  Step 2: Your Academics
      • Enrollment Plans
        • Select the semester and year you are applying for
        • List estimated number of credits completed (SKIP)
        • Planned Course of Study: Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Secondary Education
          • It’s all the way at the bottom of the list
      • College Information
        • You can list up to 4. Keep in mind any college you list (outside of the UH System) will require official transcripts to be sent.
      • Unofficial Transcripts
        • Not required, but if you have them go ahead and upload them.
    • Step 3: Certify everything is correct
      • Submit Application and pay $70 fee (non-refundable)
graduation cap iconTranscripts
Official transcripts must be submitted directly from your college or university to UH Mānoa. You are required to submit transcripts from each post-secondary institution you have attended (excluding any University of Hawaiʻi System institution: UHM, UHH, UHWO, or any Hawaii Community College). Unofficial, faxed, hand-carried, or student copies of academic documents will not be accepted.
Mailbox icon
Send transcripts to:
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Office of Admissions
2600 Campus Road, Room 001
Honolulu, HI 96822-2385

If submitting official electronic transcripts, please send them to: