The Department of Special Education is now hiring for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in special education (mild/moderate) to begin August 1, 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses via on campus and/or a variety of delivery modes;
- Supervise candidates’ field activities in field-based teacher preparation programs;
- Serve as cohort coordinator for candidates in teacher training programs;
- Advise students;
- Maintain active program of research/scholarly activity and publications in area of specialization;
- Provide service to the university, public schools, and professional community;
- Participate in program review, program assessment, and accreditation activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Assistant Professor Minimum Qualifications
- Doctorate degree in special education or in a closely related field from an accredited institution; will consider ABD if completed by August 2022;
- Teaching experience with PK-12 students who have high-incidence disabilities (mild intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, or emotional/behavioral disabilities), in public or private school settings;
- Broad knowledge of special education for students with high incidence disabilities;
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated.
To learn more or to begin an application, please visit: