The Department of Special Education is offering a free online tutoring program in reading for current HIDOE students, grades 1-3, who may benefit from one-to-one online reading tutoring support during Summer 2023 (June 12 – July 21). The tutoring support is provided by current licensed special education teachers who are also enrolled in the Reading Interventionist Program at the College of Education. Please share this opportunity with the parents/guardians of eligible students.
Tutee Eligibility Details
- Students must be performing below grade level in reading
- Students may have IEPs, however, all students performing below grade level in reading are eligible to apply
- Students must be in grades 1-3 during SY 2022-2023 (Note: Children who are currently in 3rd grade going into 4th grade and Kindergarten going into first grade would still benefit and are eligible if they are reading below grade level.)
- Students must have access to a computer and internet during the tutoring sessions
- Students and families must commit to consistently participating in the program for the six-week period
Tutoring Program Details
- Online tutoring is provided over 6 weeks during the summer from June 12 – July 21, 2023
- Tutoring sessions will be scheduled for 30 minutes each, 3 days per week
- Exact days/times will be arranged to meet the needs of tutee and tutor
- All online reading materials are provided by the program. No materials need to be purchased by the family of the tutee.
How to Apply
Parents/Guardians: Please complete this intake Google Form to the best of your knowledge: https://forms.gle/DWpkpaAjMB3masw67
For questions or assistance, please email email@example.com
Deadline to apply is April 16, 2023
Notifications will be sent within a few weeks after the April 16th deadline. Please note that space is limited and a slot is not guaranteed. Late applications may be considered, contingent on availability.