No, this is a non-licensure program. If you are interested in pursuing becoming a certified special education teacher, please refer to the Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Special Education or the Master of Education in Teaching: Dual Secondary & Special Education programs. However, if you are already a licensed teacher in another area and would like to add special education to your current license, then you can pursue earning 30 credits in special education to use as an “add-a-field” option through the Hawaii Teachers Standards Board. For more information, please refer to and review the “Credits and Experience” option.