Coordinator, Parents for Public Schools of Hawai’i
The mission of Parents for Public Schools of Hawai’i (PPSHI) is to engage parents, students, and community members across the State in supporting enriched and quality public education. We seek to contract a Coordinator for our middle school events: Middle School Tours and Middle School Nights.
Duties: Work with board members, volunteers, and middle school staff to plan, publicize, coordinate and evaluate approximately 3-4 Middle School tours and 9 Middles School Nights.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently to coordinate a series of events with established and new stakeholders including schools and families.
- Demonstrated connection to public education.
- Computer/technology proficient including Office, web-based applications and have access to Internet.
- Ability to travel to different schools on Oahu and neighbor islands.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse individuals and families, problem-solve, and work independently.
- Experience working with schools in Hawai‘i.
- Experience with grant implementation and program evaluation
- Experience with public relations, promotions and/or social media
- Proficiency with Photoshop and/or graphic arts software
This position is an independent contractor and compensation is based upon grants-in place. Neighbor island travel is reimbursable including transportation, lodging and per diem. The term of the contract is approximately one year, but no earlier than September, 2016.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter describing how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications to: Lois Yamauchi, President, PPSHI, 2850 Kahawai Street, Honolulu, HI 96822 or via email (email@example.com). Review of applications to begin on Nov. 1. For more information, call 988-5505.
For more information regarding the PPS Hawaii chapter, visit www.ppshi.org.