It is with great excitement that we invite you to submit a proposal to share your knowledge with fellow teachers, students, policy makers, cultural practitioners, STEM and STEMS2 (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Social Sciences and Sense of Place) enthusiasts at the 1st Annual STEMS2 Symposium, which will be held on June 27, 2019 at the Kamakakūokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies on the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa campus from 8:00am – 5:30pm.
Our goal is to create a dynamic learning environment grounded in the value of A‘o (to teach and learn in a reciprocal relationship). We are looking to highlight local and national work that focuses on interdisciplinary, place and culture based education. There will be four presentation formats:
- Paper Presentation (15 – 20 minute individual presentations on a focused experience or research topic)
- Poster (60 minute session using a conference style poster to share findings from experiences and research)
- Workshop (30 – 90 minute session designed to share skills, knowledge and resources and develop participants access to new skills, forms of knowledge and resources)
- Performance (30 – 90 minute session sharing knowledge via dance, music, drama and other forms of artistic expression)
- Community Partner/Exhibitor Tables (space will be provided for community partners and collaborators to host exhibits and share information about their programs and/or projects)
If none of these presentation formats fit the style in which you would like to present, please feel free to select “Other” in the proposal form and share your ideas with us.
Share Your Vision Proposal Form
Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are submitted, with a final deadline of April 18, 2019. We will work to create the space for as many voices as possible.
Details on registering for the symposium will be sent out in April. There is no cost to present or participate in this symposium. Opportunities for donation will be provided.
We look forward to learning with and from you.
Symposium Planning Team