Students interview seniors living in local nursing homes for this unit.
What role can robotic technologies play in assistive care for seniors in my home and in my community?
The engineering design process is a series of steps engineers use to come up with a solution to a problem and involves a cycle of background research, setting limits, brainstorm and design, and testing.
- Engineers work cooperatively in teams to accomplish a task.
- Robot systems require troubleshooting and maintenance to ensure safe and proper operation.
- Sensors allow robots to interact with the physical world.
- Robots are designed to perform dull and repetitive jobs.
- Robotic technologies can provide an improvement to health and psychological well-being to people.
Learner Level Middle
Primary Content Engineering, Math, Science, Technology, Art & Performing Arts, Social Studies