Community partners that may be beneficial to contact are the education/outreach sector of DLNR, local businesses or organizations that focus on watersheds, land or water management / conservation / restoration, and/or sustainability. Suggestion is check to see if your school has an established community partner list and use the contact from there first. Another option might be to see if any teachers have already established a working relationship with people, organizations, or businesses within the community who focus on the previously listed things.
How does my sense of place influence my actions in conserving, restoring, and/or sustaining my place?
Students will understand…
- What is sense of place and how they can be aware and reflective of their own
- How their sense of place affects and guides their actions
- How human impacts affect the health of the watershed
- There are many perspectives to hear and consider before taking an action
- What their responsibility is in conserving, restoring, and sustaining a place and its resources for future generations
Learner Level High School
Primary Content Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, STEM, Cultural Knowledge, English Language Arts